The NCR Planning Board under Section 4(1) & (2) of its Act stipulates the constitution of a Planning Committee. The Member Secretary of the Board is the ex-officio Chairman of the Planning Committee. The Members of the statutory Committee are given below:
- Member Secretary, NCRPB and Chairman
- Vice-Chairman, Delhi Development Authority
- Joint Secretary (D&L), Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India
- Financial Commissioner & Principal Secretary, Town & Country Planning Deptt.,
- Govt. of Haryana
- Principal Secretary, Housing Deptt., Govt.of U.P.
- Principal Secretary, Urban Development & Housing Deptt., Govt. of Rajasthan
- Principal Secretary (PWD), Govt. of NCT-Delhi
- Chief Planner, Town & Country Planning Organisation, Govt. of India
- Director, Town & Country Planning Deptt, Govt of Haryana
- Chief Town & Country Planner, Town & Country Planning Deptt., Govt. of U.P.
- Chief Town Planner (NCR), Town & Country Planning Deptt, Govt. of Rajasthan
Chairman & Managing Director, Housing & Urban Development Corpn.
Sr. Adviser (HUD), Planning Commission
Chief Regional Planner, NCRPB.
Functions of the Planning Committee
The key Functions of the Planning Committee, as stipulated in Section 9 of the NCR Planning Board Act are to assist the Board:
- To prepare and coordinate implementation of the Regional Plan & Functional Plans,
- To scrutinize the Sub-Regional Plans and all Project Plans for ensuring that the same are in conformity with the Regional Plan,
- To make such recommendations as it may think necessary to amend or modify any Sub-Regional Plan or any Project Plan &
- To perform such other functions as may be entrusted to it by the Board.